Thursday 16 April 2009

Make the most of every opportunity

Oh, I can't be bothered . . . It won't make any difference . . . what is the point. Every found yourself saying those things? Maybe not out loud, but they sit there in your head? Well, Easter has just gone, the tomb is empty and I am reminded of these words, "If the Spirit of him who rasied Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who lives in you." Yes, the same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead is living in me . . . . what was I saying again? I can be bothered, It will make a difference, there is a point!

We live in tremulous times, and yet Christ is risen from the dead! The Church has a choice - to capitulate, or stand firm, in Him who can (and will) do more than we dare ask. It is a really good job, because generally, maybe we don't ask . . . .

I want to live in the light of the resurrection, whilst not forgetting the shadow of the cross. I want to take hold of that for which Christ has taken hold of me, as Paul would say . . . .

No comments: